Join GardenHowTo where you can share your favourite garden-related content with the world and tap into an ever-growing community of gardening experts.

Share your step-by-step photos of what you made in your garden so others can do it too!

Help others to start their first or new gardening project by writing step-by-step how-to blog posts!

Share video about what you have done in your garden! Our members will love to learn from you!

I wonder what people think about starting their own garden from the scratch. What would you do first? Please share your ideas and thoughts. Thank you.

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've done this. The house I moved into April was in a bad state and the garden even worse. The ground was hard clay and the previous tenant buried a lot of rubbish under the ground. It was like concrete. I chose the cover the ground, after removing most of the top rubbish, with slate underlined with membrane to stop any weeds. I decided on containers and pots for flowers and plants and added decking to make a sitting area. There's a small rockery feature and a greenhouse where I'm attempting to grow a few vegetables and fruit. I'm a first time gardener and I'm enjoying it so much.
Attachments:
Before photo
Attachments:
It won't take all the photos in one reply.
Attachments:

Carol, is your garden ready for an "After" shot now?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Follow Us

Online Now

Members

© 2017   Created by Gordon Howard.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service